As per the R&D policy of the Institute, a platform for encouraging filing of IPRs and patenting the products/technologies for necessary commercialization is very much desirable. With this objective, the Institute has formed the (IPRIC) IPR and Incubation Cell under R&D wing of the Institute. The main objectives and functions of the Cell are as follows:-
- To help the faculty members in the patent writing and filing process.
- To handle the in-house patent applications using a defined procedure.
- To seek the help of federal expert agencies in the patent writing, filing and application process, and also in reaching to the potential investors interested in our technologies.
- To handle the patent defense and infringement cases.
- To educate and provide assistance to the faculty members about the commercial importance of their work and how it can be converted into a technology which can potentially be transferred to companies or converted into a commercial product.
- To provide space in the Institute to the Incubators to help the faculty members and graduating students to start their own spin-offs and start-ups independently or in collaboration with an investor company.
The faculty members and students who have any queries regarding IP issues or are looking forward to file a patent may contact Dr. Vineet Kumar Sharma, Coordinator (IPRIC) at firstname.lastname@example.org.